David T. Jones, M.D.
Dr. David T. Jones is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas. He has been with The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic since 2006 when he and his family moved from New Orleans in the wake of hurricane Katrina. He trained at LSU in New Orleans in Orthopaedic Surgery and began private practice there in 1998. In 2002 he moved briefly to Boston, where he did additional training in trauma surgery at Harvard and then returned to New Orleans.
He served as the team physician for New Orleans’ only professional soccer team (The Storm and the renamed Shellshockers) and helped care for professional hockey (The Brass), baseball teams (The Zephyrs), as well as numerous sports teams, from middle school to college level. Dr. Jones is currently one of the team physicians/advisors for the U.S. Olympic Sailing Team and is the Chairman of the Sports Medicine Committee for US Sailing. He understands athletes at all levels not only from his experience in their treatment but also from the perspective of an athlete as he played soccer in college, in Europe, and for a professional team in the USISL. He is also a national champion in sailing. His approach involves individual attention, conservative treatment if possible, and the latest techniques and skills if surgery is required.
Dr. Jones has served as Chairman of Orthopaedics and Chairman of Surgery at two hospitals in New Orleans. He has also served as Chairman of Orthopaedics at Rex Hospital.
He is also honored to serve as an on-going educational consultant and instructor for other Orthopaedic Surgeons in the areas of hip arthroscopy, sports medicine, trauma and direct anterior hip replacement.
Special interest and training:
-Hip arthroscopy and preservation
-General orthopaedics for both upper and lower extremity injuries
-Disorders of bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons
-Education of Orthopaedic Surgeons world-wide
Education and Training
- Undergraduate School: Rhodes College in Memphis, TN
- Medical School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Internship: Louisiana State University Medical Center and Charity Hospital in New Orleans
- Residency: Louisiana State University Medical Center and Charity Hospital in New Orleans
- Fellowship: AO North America Trauma, Harvard
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Specialty Certification in Sports Medicine
- Special Interests: Sports medicine, trauma, arthroscopic surgery (shoulder, hip, knee, elbow and ankle), minimally invasive surgery and joint replacement
- Specialty Procedure: Hip arthroscopy and hip preservation surgery for impingement and cartilage injuries
- Specialty Procedure: Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- AO Alumni Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Research Triangle Park Orthopaedic Society
- Raleigh Academy of Medicine
- International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Personal Website: Raleigh Hip Arthroscopy
- Facebook: Raleigh Hip Pain and Arthroscopy Center
- Video: Total Joint Replacement: Is it the Total Answer?, Healthy Focus Series of Duke Raleigh Hospital
- Patients are seen by Dr. Jones in our Raleigh Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic office 919-872-5296
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!