David T. Jones, M.D., P.A.
Dr. David T. Jones is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas. He has been with The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic since 2006 when he and his family moved from New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. He trained at LSU in New Orleans in Orthopaedic Surgery and began private practice there in 1998. In 2002 he moved briefly to Boston, where he did additional training in trauma surgery at Harvard and then returned to New Orleans.
He served as the team physician for New Orleans’ only professional soccer team (The Storm/Shellshockers) and helped care for professional hockey (the Brass), baseball teams (the Zephyrs), as well as numerous sports teams, from middle school to college level. Dr. Jones is currently one of the team physicians/advisors for the U.S. Olympic Sailing Team and has served as the chairman of the Sports Medicine Committee for US Sailing.
Dr. Jones has served as Chairman of Orthopaedics and Chairman of Surgery at two hospitals in New Orleans. He has also served as Chairman of Orthopaedics at Rex Hospital. His special interest and training is in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, hip arthroscopy, trauma and joint replacement. He also practices general orthopaedics involving upper and lower extremity injuries and disorders of bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate School: Rhodes College in Memphis, TN
- Medical School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Internship: Louisiana State University Medical Center and Charity Hospital
- Residency: Louisiana State University Medical Center and Charity Hospital
- Fellowship: AO North America Trauma, Harvard
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Specialty Certification in Sports Medicine
- Special Interests: Sports medicine, trauma, arthroscopic surgery (shoulder, knee, elbow and ankle), minimally invasive surgery and joint replacement
- Specialty Procedure: Hip arthroscopy
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, AO Alumni Association
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Member, Southern Orthopaedic Association
- Member, North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Member, Research Triangle Park Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Raleigh Academy of Medicine
- Member, International Society of Arthroscopy
- Member, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Personal Website: Raleigh Hip Arthroscopy
- Facebook: Raleigh Hip Pain and Arthroscopy Center
- Video: Total Joint Replacement: Is it the Total Answer?, Healthy Focus Series of Duke Raleigh Hospital
- Patients are seen by Dr. Jones in our Raleigh Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic office as well as our satellite orthopaedic clinic at A+ Urgent Care & Sports Medicine, 127 East Main St., Youngsville, NC. Call (919) 872-5296 to schedule your appointment.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!