Fred E. Benedict, M.D.
Dr. Fred Benedict was raised in Kent, Ohio. He began private practice in Thomasville, NC in 1988 and later moved to Raleigh in 1992 where he has been working in private practice. He was one of the first surgeons in Raleigh to perform reverse total shoulder replacements
for patients that have large rotator cuff tears and arthritis. He has over 20 years of experience with arthroscopic surgery
of the shoulder
, and elbow
. He has extensive experience with minimally invasive total joint replacements
of the hip, knee, and shoulder and complex revision surgeries. He also does general orthopaedics and is very experienced with surgical and non-surgical management of most upper and lower extremity degenerative conditions and injuries.
Dr. Benedict is very willing and capable of taking care of multiple problems at the same time. He is very aware of the high cost of medical care today and always tries to keep that in mind when prescribing medications and ordering tests to keep patients costs as low as practically possible. He always tries to take the time going over various options and alternatives when treating patient’s problems. During his free time he enjoys all forms of motor racing and is an avid motorsports enthusiast.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate School: Otterbein College, Westerville Ohio
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Internship: The Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati
- Residency: Indiana University College of Medicine, Indianapolis
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Special Interests: Partial knee replacements and arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee
- Specialty Procedure: Reverse total shoulder replacements and complex revision total joint replacements of the hip, knee and shoulder
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, North Carolina Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Wake County Medical Society
- Member, North Carolina Medical Society
- Patients are seen by Dr. Benedict in our Raleigh Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic office as well as our satellite orthopaedic clinic at A+ Urgent Care & Sports Medicine, 127 East Main St., Youngsville, NC. Call (919) 872-5296 to schedule your appointment.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic & spinal care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today