Michael C. Fajgenbaum, M.D., P.A.
Dr. Michael C. Fajgenbaum was born and raised in Trinidad in the West Indies. He has been with The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic since 1988. During his residency, Dr. Fajgenbaum received additional sports medicine training with Dr. Fred Allman of the Sports Medicine Institute of America, who was at that time the team physician for Georgia Tech and former Olympic team doctor. During his residency, Dr. Fajgenbaum authored several publications and presented original research at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons annual meeting.
Dr. Fajgenbaum has also been an orthopaedic surgeon for the North Carolina State University Wolfpack football team for 21 years. Shortly after arriving in Raleigh, he was approached by the head coach of the NCSU football team and asked to become the team orthopaedic surgeon. At 30 years old, that would made him the youngest orthopaedist ever to be in charge of an NCAA Division I football program. Over the years he has also served as team physician for Methodist College, the Carolina Mudcats, the Carolina Cobras and Ravenscroft School.
In 2005, Dr. Fajgenbaum was honored by North Carolina’s physical therapists and Governor Easley by being elected to a two year term on the North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Dr. Michael Fajgenbaum’s interests are sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate School: Tulane University
- Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Florida, Shands Hospital
- Residency: University of Florida, Shands Hospital
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Special Interests: Sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, North Carolina Medical Society
- Personal Website: RaleighSportsDoc.com
- Facebook: Raleigh Sports Doc
- Patients are seen by Dr. Fajgenbaum in our Raleigh Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic office as well as our satellite orthopaedic clinic at A+ Urgent Care & Sports Medicine, 127 East Main St., Youngsville, NC. Call (919) 872-5296 to schedule your appointment.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!