Paul L. Burroughs, M.D., P.A.
Dr. Paul L. Burroughs was raised in Raleigh, NC. He joined The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic in 1999. His interest in medicine began early during his sophomore year of college when he began research on ligament and bone healing in the UNC Division of Orthopaedic Surgery. During medical school, he was awarded a grant from the NIH to pursue additional year of orthopaedic research. He is published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine and the Journal of Arthroplasty.
Dr. Burroughs currently specializes in Signature custom knee replacements with MRI mapping and has performed more Signature custom knee replacements than any other surgeon in North Carolina. He also specializes in Signature custom partial knee replacements with MRI mapping and was the first in the Triangle to perform this procedure. Dr. Burroughs is also the first orthopaedist in the Triangle to use Exparel pain management for knee replacements. He currently serves as an orthopaedic consultant for A Plus Urgent Care & Sports Medicine located in Youngsville and Benson, NC. Dr. Burroughs has served as a league physician for CASL soccer and as a team orthopaedic surgeon for the North Carolina State University Wolfpack football team.
Dr. Burroughs specializes in arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder, advanced joint replacement techniques, knee replacements utilizing Exparel pain management, and sports medicine. He also performs partial knee replacements, ACL ligament reconstruction, rotator cuff repairs, reconstruction of shoulder dislocations, and ultrasound guided injections.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Medical School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical School
- Specialized Orthopaedic Research: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NIH Grant
- Internship: University of Florida, Shands Hospital
- Residency: University of Florida, Shands Hospital
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Special Interests: Arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement surgery and sports medicine
- Specialty Procedure: Minimally-invasive Signature custom joint replacements with MRI mapping, ACL reconstruction with quadriceps tendon, knee replacements utilizing Exparel pain management, and live cartilage transplantation
- Member, American Medical Society
- Member, Wake County Medical Society
- Member, North Carolina Medical Society
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Personal Website: www.RaleighKneeDoc.com
- Facebook: Raleigh Knee Doc
- YouTube: The Painless Knee Replacement, Customized Joint Replacement: The Perfect Fit for You, Customizing Your Knee Replacement, and New Knee Replacement Technology.
- Patients are seen by Dr. Burroughs in our Raleigh Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic office as well as our satellite orthopaedic clinic at A+ Urgent Care & Sports Medicine, 127 East Main St., Youngsville, NC. Call (919) 872-5296 to schedule your appointment.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!