Paul L. Burroughs, M.D.
Dr. Paul L. Burroughs was raised in Raleigh, NC. He joined The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic in 1999 and has over 20 years of experience as a physician in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. In 2017, The News and Observer named Dr. Burroughs as one of the “Best in the Triangle” for knee replacements. He is rated as an “excellent” surgeon in the Triangle, based on an analysis of four-years of Medicare claims data conducted by Seattle tech firm Mpirica. Also in 2015, North Carolina Triangle Home Health awarded Dr. Burroughs as their Medical Practice of the Year. Dr. Burroughs has served as a team orthopaedic surgeon for the North Carolina State University Wolfpack football team, as a league physician for CASL soccer, and with local area schools. He is published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine and the Journal of Arthroplasty.
Dr. Burroughs currently specializes in Signature custom knee replacements with MRI mapping and has performed more Signature custom knee replacements than any other surgeon in North Carolina. He also specializes in Signature custom partial knee replacements with MRI mapping and was the first in the Triangle to perform this procedure. Dr. Burroughs is also the first orthopaedist in the Triangle to use Exparel pain management for knee replacements. Dr. Burroughs specializes in arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder, advanced joint replacement techniques, knee replacements utilizing Exparel pain management, and sports medicine. He also performs partial knee replacements, ACL ligament reconstruction, rotator cuff repairs, reconstruction of shoulder dislocations, and ultrasound guided injections.
In his free time Dr. Burroughs enjoys fishing, tennis, traveling with his family, and inventing surgical tools.
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill
Specialized Orthopaedic Research
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NIH Grant
Internship and Residency
- University of Florida, Shands Hospital and VA Medical Center
- Most Outstanding Chief Resident Award
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee and Shoulder
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the Knee and Hip
- General Orthopaedics – Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Ankle, and Elbow
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Replacements Utilizing Exparel Pain Management
- Live Cartilage Transplantation
- Minimally Invasive ACL Reconstruction with Quadriceps Tendon
- Minimally Invasive Signature Custom Joint Replacements with MRI Mapping
- Ultrasound Guided Knee Injections with HA and/or Stem Cells
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Society
- Member, North Carolina Medical Society
- Member, Wake County Medical Society
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!